A selection of tech related stories for your reading enjoyment, including how to make a Wookie cluck like a chicken, LG’s tricky Android wordplay and where Apple’s headed with its next MacBook Pro update… maybe.
- Droid life suggests (as I suspected) that LG’s playing word games with its claims that its newest phone will be “first” with Android Nougat. Also, HTC looks to be releasing the next Nexus phones, which is an easier thing to type than say.
- There is nothing about this hack, which turns a roaring Chewbacca Mask into a programmable Chewbacca mask that I do not love. I do not think I have the making skills to make it happen myself, but it’s a great bit of work.
- Pokémon fireworks are a thing. Because of course they are.
- As The Next Web points out, Apple’s now 440 days and counting since it last refreshed the MacBook Pro line. Of course, they’d be very happy to sell you an iPad Pro right now, but believe me, they’re not the same thing by a very wide margin.
- Fifty Cent is apparently doing a series that isn’t quite Luke Cage (still coming to Netflix)… but you wouldn’t know that from reading a precis of the plot.
- Finally, if you want a really long, rather quirky read about the impact of technology companies, read Stephen Elliott’s Silicon Is Just Sand. But bring a coffee; you’ll be at it a while.
Read this is just random things I find and like. You may enjoy them too. Or not; it’s a free and wide web.