Things keep on happening. I can’t stop them, but while I try, here’s some news to tide you over.
- Hulu has yet to launch here in Australia, and with the way online streaming rights are being sliced up between Netflix, Stan, Presto, Foxtel and the free-to-air channels, it seems unlikely if it ever will. Hasn’t stopped a lot of Australians sneaking into the free US streaming service. Only thing is, it’s not free any more, having shifted to a subscription model. Will Aussies sign up? I doubt it.
- Psst! Want an easy $200,000? Me too. But that kind of money never comes easy. If you feel like a little code deep-diving and can prove that Microsoft nicked code from CP/M to make DOS, that cold hard cash could be yours. Yes, somebody cares enough about MS-DOS to put $200,000 on the line. Something tells me that cash isn’t going to be claimed any time soon.
- To the surprise of nobody, Pokemon GO has made… well, it’s made ALL THE MONEY, essentially speaking.
- Feeling like you’re too productive? Say hello to Morbotron. You can thank me later.
- You may think your phone signal is lousy when you can’t stream video on the train. But how about walking 50km for a single bar of reception in order to not die?
- Facebook gets a lot of data from us for… well, not much in return beyond a little web hosting in essence, but that’s apparently worth billions. Anyway, what do they do with that data? Troll cat owners, it turns out.
- Just in case you were in any doubt about it, crocodiles are hardasses that do not die. Technically speaking. Although now I want to provide just one crocodile with enough food, simply to see how big it will get. Note that comment, future historians, because it marks the beginning of the end of the human race. I for one welcome our new crocodilian overlords, and all that…
Read this is just random things I find and like. You may enjoy them too. Also, you just read this in Morbo’s shouty voice, didn’t you?.