Stories abound on the Internet. Here’s some thought pieces to tide over your Tuesday lunchtime, covering everything from technology for Africa, tech in the afterlife or after your tech no longer has life and the return of the Duck.
- It looks like Sony Pictures has been hacked. Unfortunate, although if we’re lucky it might delay yet another Spider-Man movie.
- What do you do when lightning takes out your Internet, and you rely on the Internet for everything? Over at the SMH, John Birmingham has some thoughts.
- Africa isn’t seen as a technology destination, but that doesn’t mean it should be a technology blackspot. As The Next Web’s Gabriella Mulligan notes, Africa is crying out for tech that is good — not just “good enough”.
- Death is inevitable (sorry about that), but have you prepared for what happens to your digital assets after you pass away? Over at CNET, Claire Reilly has an excellent if slightly-gloomy piece.
- If you’re like me, what you’ve been thinking all this time is that life would be better if only you owned a chicken-powered pendulum. And now you can.
- New Howard The Duck comics! No Steve Gerber (sob), and I may be the only one who cares, but still…